|Audi A4 2.8 quattro|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo 2 (RM)|
|Engine||VAG ACK 2.8 V6|
|Max Power||191 BHP|
|Max Torque||206.9 lb-ft|
|Length||4,479 mm (176.3 in)|
|Width||1,733 mm (68.2 in)|
|Height||1,417 mm (55.8 in)|
|Weight||1,430 kilograms (3,200 lb)|
|Power/Weight Ratio||7.49 kg (16.5 lb) per horsepower|
The player can choose fourteen colors upon buying this car.
- Casablanca White
- Aluminium Silver Metallic
- Quartz Gray Metallic
- Brilliant Black with Clear Lacquer
- Mocha Brown Pearl Effect
- Volcano Black Pearl Effect
- Laser Red
- Autumn Red Metallic
- Hibiscus Red Pearl Effect
- Paradise Green Metallic
- Cactus Green Pearl Effect
- Azure Blue Pearl Effect
- Ming Blue Pearl Effect
- Velvet Blue
This description is taken from the NTSC version of Gran Turismo 2:
At the heart of the quickest A4 Sedan is Audi's renowned quattro all-wheel drive technology. Superb traction is provided in all weather and road surface conditions by the quattro system's permanent distribution of power to all four wheels via a torque-sensing center differential. The 2.8 quattro's chassis also features independent four-link front suspension and double control arms in the rear for the nimble handling expected in a sports sedan. Providing the go is a 2.8-liter, 30-valve V6 engine boasting both variable valve timing and a variable intake manifold, giving 190 BHP at 6000 rpm, and 207 lb-ft of torque at 3200 rpm. At its launch in 1996, the A4 2.8 quattro was welcomed in Europe and the USA not just as one of the best handling all-round family cars, but also as one the very grippiest cars available. This is not your typical sedan.
This car can be bought at the Audi dealership in North City for 50,530 Credits.
- Oddly, the PAL and NTSC version's description of this car refers to it as the "Avant" model, which is Audi's name for estate cars, or wagons. This may indicate that originally the A4 estate variant was planned to appear, being dropped in favour of the saloon version later in development.
- An A4 Avant exists in the demo builds of the game, but at incomplete state with no wheels or reflections (caused by incomplete normals) and one of the colors (Mocha Brown Pearl Effect) being duplicated.