|Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo 5|
Gran Turismo 6
|Type in GT5||Premium|
|Interior in GT6||Detailed|
|Engine||Chevrolet dry-sump LS7 small-block V8 OHV|
|Max Power||656 HP|
|Performance Points||616 PP|
|Max Torque||67 kgf.m|
|Weight||1,090 kilograms (2,400 lb)|
|Power/Weight Ratio||1.71 kg (3.8 lb) per horsepower|
The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06 is a race-modified variant of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06. It appears in Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo 6, appearing as the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car '06 in the latter.
"The first Z06 of the C6 Corvette, tuned by Gran Turismo."
This is an original model tuned by "Gran Turismo", based on the Corvette Z06 (C6) (2006).
The following is the description of the base model.
First launched in 1953, the Chevrolet Corvette is an American icon that has continuously sat atop America's sports-car mountain for well over 50 years.
The Z06 version of the daunting C6 Corvette made its debut in 2005, taking the Corvette to even higher levels of performance. The Z06 refers to the option code for the racing package that was available on the 2nd generation Corvette.
Understandably, the Z06 designation has always been the center of attention for hardcore Corvette fans over the years because of its connection with racing and ultra-high performance. The revitalized Z06's body was wider than that of the normal coupe, but by utilizing aluminum, titanium, and carbon fiber, curb weight was trimmed despite the size increase.
The most significant difference between the base Vette and the Z06 was the latter's dry-sump-lubricated OHV V-8, whose displacement was increased to 6997 cc. As a result, the Z06 produced more power than any stock production Corvette to date, cranking out a tire-smoking 504 HP. To match this increase in power, tire sized were also increased to meaty P275/35ZR18s up front and P325/30ZR19 at rear, while the brakes were swapped in favor of a larger ventilated, cross-drilled rotors, with 6-piston calipers in the front and 4-piston at rear.
The Corvette Z06 was indeed an American gem, delivering exotic-car performance at a fraction of the price, and was equally at home on the open road as it was on the race track.
This car can be acquired by Race Modifying a normal Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 in GT Auto for 264,500 Credits.
The player can purchase this car for 264,500 Credits. It is a detailed car.
- The body of the car is derived from the racing C6.R variant. However, the base car was actually from the FIA GT2 specification if one looks at the side exhausts.
- As a reference to the C6.R, there are Pratt & Miller logos on the rear of the car.
- The livery of this car is based on the Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00.
- This is especially proven if the yellow color scheme is applied for the racing modification. In GT6, yellow is in fact the default color for the car.
- Although this car isn't technically a rally car, the player can purchase snow and dirt tyres for this car, as the original road car allowed use of snow and dirt tyres.
- This car was featured as one of selectable cars in Touring Car Battle Quick Match races in GT6, which featured an early implementation of a Balance of Performance system that would later feature predominantly in Gran Turismo Sport.