The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
11 February 2011 brought the v1.06 update to the Gran Turismo 5 software.
Major Features[edit | edit source]
1.06 was the most significant update so far. It brought:
- Remote Racing
- On the bottom left of the GT Mode - Community screen, Remote Races have been added.
- You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
- For details please see section 8-4 Remote Races in the Manual accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product information section on gran-tursimo.com.
- Remote Racing from a Web Browser
- For Remote Races, you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
- Sign in from the GT5 My Home button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.
- Using the Course Maker in Online Races
- You can now select the "My Tracks" created in Course Maker for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)
- Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
- We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
- For details, see 6-15: Performance Points in the Manual accessible from the top menu screen.
- Increased Rewards and Experience Online
- The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.
- Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
- Auto Race Start Cycle and Tyre/Fuel Depletion have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).
- Increased Penalties for Special Events
- The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the Special Events in GT Mode - GT Life.
- Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
- The rewards and experience for Licence and Special Events of GT Mode - GT Life have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.
- Car Loan in Events
- In A-Spec and B-Spec events in GT Mode - GT Life, as well as when participating in Special Events, you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
- For details see 6-16 Borrowing and Lending Cars in the Manual accessible from the top menu screen.
- Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see 15. Settings Guide in the Manual accessible from the top menu screen.
- Multi Monitor
- From Options - Hardware - Multi Monitor, you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
- You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.
- Settings Changes
- It is now possible to replay and save 2 Player Races.
- Controller Steering Sensitivity has been added to Driving Options.
- Corner Camber has been added to the section settings of the Course Maker.
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a Lounge.
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a Lounge.
- When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the Quick Menu.
- It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the Garage.
- AI Adjustment
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.
- Correction of Issues
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
- Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.
- Other Changes
- A searchable item called Race Type has been added during room creation in the Open Lobby.
- The lap times for the Sebastien Vettel X Challenge in Special Events have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimised.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- The background of car demos during an "Auto Demo" is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the Dealership.
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The Feedback Strength of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.