|Gran Turismo 7|
|Publisher||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Designed by||Kazunori Yamauchi|
ESRB: TBA PEGI: TBA
Steering Wheel Playstation VR
Gran Turismo 7 (commonly abbreviated as GT7) is an upcoming racing video game being developed by Polyphony Digital and will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It will be the eighth major release, the fourteenth game overall in the Gran Turismo video game series, and the first game to be released for the PlayStation 5.
A launch window for Gran Turismo 7 hasn’t been discussed by Sony nor Polyphony Digital. It will be exclusive to Sony platforms and will likely be coming to the PlayStation 5, depending on how far down the road it makes an appearance, owing that the PlayStation 5 console will likely be released around December 2020.
These interviews took place in late 2013, and no confirmed reports or interviews have taken place since then.
In an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu (and translated by Polygon.com) in September 2013, series creator Kazunori Yamauchi mentioned that GT7 would be coming to the PlayStation 4 console "in a year or two". He also mentioned that it will be based on the same physics engine that Gran Turismo 6 uses.
In an interview with GamesTM magazine in October of the same year, Yamauchi semi-confirmed a release for Gran Turismo 7" sometime in 2015 or 2016". He also spoke about how much more powerful the game will be on the PS4 and how much easier it is to develop on the new console versus the previous release, Gran Turismo 6, on the PlayStation 3.
Kazunori Yamauchi has since only stated that, "I cannot talk about much, but since releasing Gran Turismo Sport I have begun working on the next Gran Turismo game."
- ↑ Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5. GTPlanet.net. Published 2020-06-11. Accessed 2020-06-11.
- ↑ TrustedReviews website, containing up-to-date information on the release of Gran Turismo 7. TrustedReviews. Published 2018-02-01. Accessed 2018-07-20.
- ↑ Gran Turismo 6 producer talks physics engines, smartphone linkups, and the presumed GT7. Polygon. Published 2013-09-11. Accessed 2013-09-12.
- ↑ PS4 to Make “Incredible Difference” for Gran Turismo 7, says Kazunori Yamauchi. GTPlanet. Published 2014-10-13. Accessed 2014-10-13.
- Gran Turismo Official website at http://www.gran-turismo.com/