Gran Turismo 5 was given compatibility for additional Downloadable Content in the Spec 2.0 update in October 2011. This article lists DLC previously available for GT5; unless otherwise mentioned, all prices are in US Dollars.
As of May 2014, all downloadable content has been permanently removed from PlayStation Store in preparation for the termination of the game's online services. However, for a limited time, it returned starting November 2014, but only in Europe.
Released 18th October 2011[edit | edit source]
- Racing Car Pack ($7.99):
- Red Bull X2011 Prototype '11
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
- Honda CR-Z Touring Car
- Mazda Roadster Touring Car
- Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
- Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 Touring Car
- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car
- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R34 Touring Car
- Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car
- Toyota PRIUS Touring Car
- Gran Turismo RACING KART Jr.
- Gran Turismo RACING KART 100
- Gran Turismo RACING KART 125
- Excluding the karts and the X2011, all the cars in the pack operates similiarly to a RM car, where custom colors and numbers can be applied; these cars also have their internal names end with "_rm".
- Racing Gear Pack ($2.99)
- This pack, along with Paint Pack, can only be installed to one account as Family Upgrade do not apply to either DLCs. Additionally, the DLC cannot be recovered if the save data is deleted once the game's server shut down in 2014 (it is unknown if the 2.17 update, that solved issues installing DLCs after the server shutdown, changed this behavior).
- Paint Pack ($1.99)
- Complete Pack ($11.99)
- Family Upgrade (free)
- Allows the Course Pack and Racing Car Pack to be accessible to all users registered on the same PlayStation 3. The upgrade could be used if player received errors regarding DLC being not installed, even if the DLC is already installed and there is only one registered account on the PS3. Starting from Car Pack 2, Family Upgrade's properties is included on subsequent DLCs.
Released December 2011[edit | edit source]
- Car Pack 2 ($3.99)
Released 18th January 2012[edit | edit source]
- Speed Test Pack ($3.99)
- Car Pack 3 ($5.99)
Released 27th June 2012[edit | edit source]
- Twin Ring Motegi ($5.00)
Released 25th September 2012[edit | edit source]
- Separate cars ($.99 each)
Free Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
- Scion FR-S '12
- Chevrolet Corvette C7 Test Prototype
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Final Prototype
Promotional Content Pack[edit | edit source]
A cumulative package which contained Car Packs 2 and 3, Nissan GT-R GT Academy N24 '12, Speed Test Pack, and the aforementioned free cars, named "GT5 Promotional Content Pack", was released for a limited time on June 19 to July 3, 2013. Costing £10.59/€13.49 and only available in EMEA regions, the DLC contents are identical to what was included with Academy Edition of the game, except the Academy Edition includes the Complete Pack content instead of the three free cars (although the Gran Turismo website mentions the Complete Pack is also included).