|This page is about hidden content found in a Gran Turismo game's resources. This includes unfinished versions of cars and tracks that made it into the final game, as well as hidden content which was scrapped but left in the game's files. We have collated as much information about it as can be found online. Please be advised that we do not recommend attempting to modify the game to be able to access it, as doing so can make the game unstable.|
|An early version of the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 on this circuit.|
|Circuit Length||Around 2.000 miles (3.219 km)|
|Track Type||Real World City Circuit|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo 2 (Demo) (Hidden)|
Montecarlo is a hidden track found in the Demo of Gran Turismo 2. Similarly to Indi, this track is based on a real life circuit, specifically the city course of Monaco used in Formula One. However, the track has some differences, the most notable being the absence of the Nouvelle Chicane, with the Tabac now changed in a three corners section.
Bugs and GlitchesEdit
Although the AI is able to race properly here, there are some imperfections on this circuit.
- Like many circuits in the early stages of development, this circuit does not have scenery.
- There are invisible walls before the first corner, and after the final corner. Fortunately, those walls can be passed, and also the AI can pass them.
- At the finish line straight, there are some floating billboards.
- Similarly to other unfinished circuits, this track doesn't have its own replays cameras, using the car's perspective as a placeholder.
- Under the name "Côte d'Azur", this track was officially featured in the Gran Turismo series, but only from Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec and onwards.
- Advertisements for Repsol, not normally found in the final game (except in racing modifications of early Subaru Imprezas) appear here.