|Appears in||Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec|
|Engine||Honda RA166-E V6 DOHC|
|Max Power||789 BHP (799 PS) /12 000 rpm|
|Max Torque||48.8 kg·m (353 lb-ft) /10 500 rpm|
|0-60 Mph||2.3 s|
|Standing Quarter Mile||9.155 s|
|Top Speed||355.3 km/h (220.8 mph)|
|Weight||540 kg (1190 lbs)|
|Power/Weight Ratio||0.684 kg (1.51 lbs) /BHP|
The Polyphony002 is a Formula One style car available in the PAL version of Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. It is loosely based on the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 driven by Ayrton Senna to the Formula One World Championship. The car is one of only two Formula One style cars in the PAL version, which are among the best in the game in terms of acceleration and grip.
The Polyphony002 is not available for purchase in Gran Turismo 3. It can be acquired as one of four prize cars from:
A Polyphony002 is awarded on completion of the Professional League. The car is not available in the NTSC version of the game.
- The Polyphony002 carries BP sponsorship, even though the MP4/4 used Shell fuel instead.
- The Polyphony002 and F688/S are exactly the same cars, except for unbranded tires and additional color options, designed to compensate for the reduction in number of the Formula One cars in the PAL version.
- Internally, the car is named "mclaren_mp4_4", alluding to the base car.
- Despite sharing the internal name with the F688/S, a leftover of the F688/S exists as a separate entity, which loads the body of Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97. This leftover exists because the F688/S and Polyphony002 uses separate body codes.
- Along with other F1 cars of this game there is a bug that shifting to the last gear with the highest gear ratios possible, it decreases speed and then downshifts if the player uses automatic transmission making it unsuitable for some races featuring Test Course in it such as Like the Wind or Gran Turismo All Stars due to the max speed being 220 mph (354 km/h) and the opponents in aforementoned events has cars that reach much more than the mentioned speed.